Monday 2 March 2015

Lazy Monday's: super dinner

Ultimate steak burger treat for my family for a lazy Monday dinner.

I used rib eye steak to make these and they were super tender and beautiful. It's Monday okay so there is no time to make one's own burger buns so I got some focaccia buns which adds the crunchiness to it, topped that with blue Stilton cheese, red onion, gem lettuce and sliced vine tomatoes. It was hailed the best burger ever.

(I make my own burger from scratch but one can always buy ready made ones for that quick and easy meal).

Dessert was another of my time saving yumminess Lemon Possett with chambord and White chocolate ganache drizzled with strawberry compote and served with an almond thin (or two).

Just buy good quality lemon curd, 600ml double cream, 50g caster sugar and have a few strawberries to decorate.

Gently heat cream and sugar together till warm to hot, remove pan from heat and add the lemon curd, and mix gently till all is incorporated
Divide into dessert glasses or ramekins and chill till set. Serve with shortbread or almond thins.



No comments:

Post a Comment