Friday 27 February 2015

Desserts made simple.

Having fussy children means that I am always looking for something different to get them to eat. I am  surrounded by sweet lovers from my husband to my children and my children will be ever so upset should hey be informed that there is no dessert after dinner. I have become an expert in devising simple desserts, ones that can be prepared just before dinner goes on the table and be ready as soon as I clear the last dinner plate.

Raspberry clafoutis is one of those desserts that look like one spent s lot of time and effort in the kitchen but it's quite simple to make but tastes soo good.

YOU WILL NEED

Round pie dish or loose bottom cake tin or gratin dish if you have one
1/2 cup all purpos flour
3tbs unsalted butter
1/4 cup sugar plus extra
3 large eggs
1/4 cup double cream
200g raspberries
Zest of 1 lemon
Icing sugar for dusting

Method

Preheat oven to 180deg Celcius
Butter the dish and set aside
In a bowl; sieve flour, sugar and salt, add in eggs, buttered lemon zest and whisk until smooth.
Add the cream and whisk until light and very smooth
Pour the batter into the dish and the add the raspberries (the raspberries will sink to the bottom).

Bake for @ least 20 to 25minutes until golden brown and the clafoutis is set and golden
Allow to cool slightly then dust with icing sugar

You can serve with a dollop of whippe cream or vanilla ice-cream. My children are ultimate haargendaz fans so I give them theirs with that as a treat but mine comes plain









No comments:

Post a Comment