Friday 26 June 2015

Toad in the hole (twist)

As a busy mother I always have to juggle multiples of chores and still like to give my children the best I can in terms of food. I also hate spending too much time in the kitchen so will always try to come up with quick and easy meals that my family will enjoy. I also try bring a twist to the usual recipes every time so the children don't know what to expect from the same dinners.

We decided on having Toad in the hole (sausages cooked in Yorkshire pudding) but instead of making  cooking this the traditional way I decided to add mustard, horseradish, and some strips of smoked cured bacon. I also removed the skin from the sausages resulting in beautifully cooked, soft and delicious sausages. This was a success.

125g plain flour
125ml milk mixed with 125ml water
 1tsp grainy mustard
6sausages skin removed
2 eggs
1/2 tsp horseradish salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together and whisk until thoroughly mixed

Heat oven at  220 Celsius
Add the dripping to the tray and leave to melt and heat up for five minutes
Pour in the butter (it should sizzle as you pour it in the tray
Quickly arrange the sausages and bake for 25-30 minutes
Serve with mash or baby potatoes with seasonal veg.


Tenderstem broccoli, baby potatoes and the Toady.


No comments:

Post a Comment