Sunday 21 June 2015

Make do with what you have

I struggled to come with dinner ideas today, I was so tired from cleaning, ironing homework, all the usual malarkey we as mothers go through everyday. I had quail eggs, plum tomatoes and asparagus, did not want the hassle of scotch quail eggs as I usually prepare them and did not want the stress of poaching and trimming the tiny little things. So this is what I came up with in the end. I mad the hollandaise sauce at last minute. If you need recipe you can scroll down my previous posts there is one.

I made aero peppermint ice cream with dessert in mind but also utilised the whites by making meringue boats. Ice cream did not set on time which was just as well I had a second option of my meringue which I loaded with vanilla cream and threw in on raspberries. Ah, genius me 😊
Boiled quail eggs on blanched asparagus and gem lettuce leaf 

Meringue boats with vanilla cream, fresh raspberries and raspberry coulis

No comments:

Post a Comment