Thursday 17 September 2015

Smoked salmon and Gouda cheese salad with raspberry sauce

loving this salad and I think it's a must try. I made this as a starters for my dinner party to celebrate my husband's birthday last week. A winner with the 20 people I catered for.
Smoked salmon, Gouda cheese on herb salad served with raspberry sauce

Scrumptious raspberry sauce: must try

Ingredients
1/4 cup champagne vinegar
4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
4 ounces Gouda cheese, shaved
1/3 cup Brazil nuts, chopped and toasted
2 shallots, thinly sliced

Directions
Place the vinegar, sugar, salt and 1/4 cup raspberries in a food processor; cover and process until pureed.
Divide salad greens among eight salad plates; top with cheese, nuts, shallots and remaining raspberries.
Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 8 servings.




No comments:

Post a Comment