Tuesday 30 May 2017

Summer berry sorbet

Summer is a time of relaxing and eating refreshingly delicious light meals that reflect the brightness, the abundance of life and capture the happiness in the atmosphere. I in particular love everything and anything fruity for my desserts. I enjoy delving into all the summer berries and sometimes I mix all the berries I have in my fridge just so I can enjoy the burst of flavours in my mouth; Ahh, gorgeous ( my mouth is watering already).

This beautiful sorbet is a mix of strawberries, raspberries and blackberries. You can tell the sweetness of strawberries, the tanginess of raspberries and the deeper sweet notes of the blackberries. It's as delicious as it looks.

Recipe:

200g strawberries
150g raspberries
100g blackberries
150g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon juice

Clean all the fruits and allow the water to drain. Now put all the ingredients in a blender and blitz for a good 2-3 minutes.
Strain the mixture through a sieve and discard the peeps.
Transfer the mixture in a sorbet machine and churn as per machine instructions. Transfer sorbet onto a clean airtight container and freeze until needed.





No comments:

Post a Comment