Wednesday 13 April 2016

It's been a while

So I have not been here for a veeerrry long time, I have missed being here talking to myself and hoping that someone else is listening. All I can say is; I've been busy and although I'm still busy and nothing has changed; but I'm back.

So last night I made this lemon traybake and followed Mary Berry's recipe to the T which is unlike me because I always have something to change or add and religiously never follow anything 100%. Well on this one there was nothing to change, it's easy, it's lemony without being in your face or palate screwing zingy.

Try It; I'm actually having a slice right now.


You Need: Cake

225g caster sugar
225g soft butter
275g self raising flour
2 tsp baking powder
4 tbsp milk
4 large eggs
Zest from 2 lemons

Drizzle:
Juice from 2 lemons
175g caster sugar

Preheat oven to 160C
Line a large rectangular baking tray

Mix all the cake ingredients and whisk for about 2 minutes then pour into baking tray and bake for 35-40 minutes.
Allow to cool for in tray for 5 minutes
Transfer cake on to cooling rack and remove baking parchment.
Meanwhile mix the lemon juic with the caster sugar and evenly drizzle or spread onto the traybake
while it's still warm.
Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.


No comments:

Post a Comment