Monday 11 May 2015

Midweek feast 30 minute style

Getting home, I'm short of time children need to play with mommy, they need a shower, dinner needs cooking; (swoon) all this camaraderie can send one into stress mode. So, because I'm not just a mom I'm a super mom (I'm always ready for such evenings).

I had marinaded some beef ribs last night and left them in fridge, I had no idea what I was going to serve them with. Monday being Monday, one can never guarantee a smooth day at work so I was prepared for a late finish. I got home at 1700hours, played with the kids a bit when one of them started asking for an apple I took that as a cue to start dinner. Potatoes went on, chocolate brownies got shoved in the oven for dessert and tea accompaniment for the builders, then I sprinted upstairs to assist with showers. Left the kids to get dress and bumped my way down to mix up some salad, and boil some corn. The whole meal (dinner and starter) were done in thirty minutes (no kidding).
Beef short ribs with salad, mini baby potatoes and corn on the cob.

450g short ribs
50g ginger peeled and chopped
3 cloves garlic
1 medium onion chopped
1tbs granulated sugar
3tbs dark muscovado
2tbs soy sauce
1tbs soya paste
2tbs plain flour
1roasted red pepper peeled and deseeded and roughly chopped
Dash vegetable oil
Dash of barley malt vinegar

Method

Mix the garlic, onion, ginger and pepper and blitz into a paste, add the rest of the ingredients and blend.
Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a large bowl
Add the ribs and marinade overnight or at least 30minutes
 Fry the ribs for about 6-8minutes (flash fry).

Not bad for a busy Monday, in fact very very good for a busy evening.







No comments:

Post a Comment