Wednesday 28 October 2015

Pretend you've spent a lot of time in the kitchen just for your guests: Make them feel special.

I like my dessert to be interesting, to have minutely variant textures that marry together and work. I want them to look like I have spent a lot of time labouring in the kitchen (when I haven't). I want my guests to be left wanting more, to take time eating and savouring every spoonful (not to slosh it all in one go because they just want it done with.
It's even more fun when I'm getting help from the kids, having them suggest and decide what else should be included in our meals. Tonight with the help of my seven year old son this is what we came up with: vanilla and white chocolate creme brûlée served with rolled tuille biscuits (both recipes can be found in previous posts) and a flared strawberry and strawberry coulis.
(My blow torch has run out of gas so I improvised by placing the creme brûlée under a grill)

No comments:

Post a Comment