Friday 3 July 2015

Extra matured rib eye steak

Food especially red meats are much much nicer if they are given those extra days of attention allowing them to mature, tenderise and mellow. When you finally eat, the meat just melts in your mouth, almost no need to chew it as it just disintegrates in your mouth.

This piece was 28 days matured when I bought it and I gave it an extra 3 days wrapped in a muslin cloth in my fridge. Look at the marble effect and heightened colour I have achieved, and the test and flavour intensity you achieve is remarkable.

I do this with my lamb too and I can not recommend this enough, just leaving your meat in the fridge for those 2 or three days will make a difference and your meals will be most enjoyable. If you do not have space in your fridge you can always ask your butcher to mature it for you and you pick it up when you need it.


No comments:

Post a Comment